Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Angry Wishlist

Like everyone else on the planet, I like Angry Birds. But after the first fifty or sixty levels or so, I started to hit a wall where my frustration with the game overwhelmed my desire to play it. Ragequits became quite common.

Granted, how many games can you say that about-- that the ragequit wall comes after the first fifty or sixty levels? A lot of games-- especially physics puzzles-- hit that wall a lot sooner.

But it's got me thinking about which features I'd like to see in a sequel:

  • Guidelines. I don't think it would do the game irrepable harm if the game told me where a bird would hit given its current angle and the tug of the rubber-band. You don't need to tell me how hard it's going to hit, what kind of damage it's going to do, or give me lines for blue splitters and yellow dashers-- just let me know where I'm aiming. Because too often I think I have something lined up the same way, and it ends up completely different. Make it less about my dexterity/precision and more about my brain.



  • Have stars unlock levels, rather than beating the level before it. Circumvents the ragequit wall.



  • Level Editor. Because UGC is all the rage these days.



  • Creative Mode. Give me a mode where I'm assigned the birds, yes, but I can choose the order in which they strike.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the content is really good article ... Greetings Introduction Of Us Dr. Bondan ...
= obat aborsi = obat bius