Wednesday, July 01, 2009

E-Mail and Netiquette

Over the last couple weeks, a lot of people have tried to contact us for one reason or another, whether via twitter, youtube, various comments threads, what-have-you-- things we don't necessarily pay a whole lot of attention to. So, to make things a little easier, here's Tom's e-mail address:

milos_parker at yahoo dot com

While we're on the subject of returning e-mails, let me throw a proposed bit of netiquette out there: if an actual person (and not a robot) has taken the time to compose a letter and send it to you electronically, you owe them at least the courtesy of a response. That doesn't mean you have to become pen pals with someone, that doesn't mean you have to take time out of your busy schedule to compose voluminous paragraphs. But you can at least say, hey, I got your e-mail, I acknowledge that you exist, and I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write me.

I promise I will at least do that; we're not going to ignore anybody. If you haven't gotten a response back from us within a week, that means we didn't get the e-mail; feel free to send it again.

No comments: